Friday, November 21, 2014

Character Interview w/ Charles Macavoy

Where do you presently work? And why did you choose this career for yourself?

I work within a murder investigation team, which is part of the Metropolitan Police Service. I’ve always felt a strong sense of duty, of responsibility for others. I don’t know where it comes from, but it’s the reason I gravitated towards the force.

We have heard you have a reputation for being tough. Do you believe this has anything to do with your life experiences?


Our experiences definitely shape us, but I think the desire to protect and to serve is in my blood. My mother was a nurse and she loved her job. She was also an avid reader and was fond of referring to her favourite authors, especially if she had a point to make. She once said, ‘No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.’ It’s a quote by Charles Dickens and it’s one that stayed with me.

My expectations are high, so I demand the best in myself and others. It’s probably where the tough comes from, but I’d also like to think I’m fair.

You and your partner Bobby Jones, are thick as thieves throughout, Hands of Evil. What helped you two create the bond you presently have?

I recognised the passion in him, the desire for justice. We’re a lot alike, so I know what he’s thinking because I’m thinking it too. It happens that way sometimes and I got lucky. We’re just in tune. He’s like my conscience, or my sounding board.

There is a strong emotional tie between you and your childhood friends Grace and Derek that shows up on several occasions in, Hands of Evil. Can you tell us a bit about how you met each? And how you feel about them till this very day?

I went to school with Derek and he’s my brother in all the ways that matter. I know I can always count on him. I was in the last year of High school when I met Grace. She was tall for her age and way too thin, but she had this fire in her eyes that drew people in. It still does. I complained at first, made out she was cramping our style but she saw right through me. That hasn’t changed either. I inherited a little sister the day we met and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

Okay, so there is plenty of heat between you and Susannah. We are dying to know how you met her and your first thought was?


We met through Brad Morgan, who is the better half (sorry Kel) of Morgan and Fairchild. The moment I saw her, this petite, sexy woman with a voice that can make a grown man cry, I knew I was in trouble!

Interview provided by: Kathryn Jenkins

Hands of Evil


Synopsis:

Jonathan Jukes is accustomed to working alongside the police within his role as close protection officer at Morgan and Fairchild. But when Detective Sergeant Charles Macavoy requests the team’s help, JJ finds it’s his toughest case yet.

A serial killer, whose calling card is to remove the hands of his victims, is targeting interpreters. When lines begin to blur and JJ's past comes back to haunt him, he soon discovers the biggest threat comes from a woman who stands at the centre of it all.

Available at AmazonKindle and BN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift Certificates

Gift Certificates
Whether its a gift for a friend or for yourself these certificates are perfect to get your service on the go!
Select your Gift Certificate