Saturday, January 31, 2015

Demon Hunt Dou Interview w/ Kado & Auren


Kado and Auren Interview for Demon Hunt


I've had the opportunity to speak with Kado and Auren from the Shadow Stalker series about the events that took place in Demon Hunt, a Shadow Stalker prequel novella by Renee Scattergood.

Kathryn: Thanks for joining us today!

Kado: We're honored to be here.

Kathryn: So Auren, what is so exciting about these camping trips Kado would take you on.

Auren: Well, before I knew what they were really about *narrows her eyes at Kado*, they were just the one time Kado and I ever got to have any fun together. It was still like getting the seemingly useless lessons at home, but at least we had some fun putting a lot of those things into practice.

Kathryn: Like the tracking?

Auren: Yeah, and I love climbing and exploring caves. Just as long as it doesn't involve eating grubs.

Kathryn: Yeah, I don't think I'd want to eat grubs either. Kado did you ever look at these trips as an opportunity to bond with Auren?

Kado: To be honest, no. I was focused on her training.

Auren: *whispering conspiratorially* He had fun.

Kado: *rolling his eyes* I never said I didn't have fun. It was just not my focus.

Kathryn: Kado, how did you know Auren was in trouble when she released the demon and how did you get to her so fast?

Kado: She and I share a connection of sorts that I created in the shadow world. It links our spirits to one another and allows me to be able to know her thoughts. When she was attacked by the demon, I felt her pain. Probably not nearly as much as she would have felt it—

Auren: Not even remotely close.

Kado glares at Auren.

Auren: Sorry.

Kado: As I was saying, I felt her pain. Then I travelled to her through the shadow world.

Kathryn: Is it difficult to find someone in the shadow world?

Kado: It is for a young shadow stalker who is still in training, but it's quite easy for an experienced shadow stalker. It's even easier when you have that bond established with someone.

Kathryn: Auren, what was going through your mind when you were laying on the ground injured, after being attacked by the demon, and Kado was walking away from you?

Auren: I knew Kado would never just leave me to die or anything if he could save me. What scared me was I thought he believed I was beyond help and that's why he decided to leave me to go after the demon. I really thought I had been mortally wounded.

Kathryn: What made you change your mind, Kado?


Kado: I knew she would survive her injuries if I left her for a short time to chase the demon and return it to the shadow world. Her fear overwhelmed me, though. I didn't feel good about leaving her that way.

Kathryn: In light of what happened, do you regret turning back?

Kado: I do regret it resulted in the loss of many lives, yes, but at the same time if I had walked away it would have put a rift between me and Auren. She would have had a difficult time trusting me. And while that might seem insignificant compared to people's lives, Auren's training is imperative to saving more lives. Sometimes hard choices have to be made for the greater good.

Kathryn: How does all this make you feel? That Kado chose to come back for you?

Auren: I'm grateful, of course, but I don't blame Kado for what happened to those people. I was the one who set the demon loose after all.

Kathryn: If you could do the whole trip over again, what would you do differently? This question is for both of you.

Kado motions for Auren to go first.

Auren: Well, I mean obviously I would have waited for Kado to wake up before trying to call the veil to the shadow world. It was a stupid thing to try and do on my own. Aside from that, though, knowing what I know now about who I am and what I'm supposedly meant to do, I would have put more effort into my training. I spent far too much time feeling sorry for myself over what happened.

Kado: I don't like to dwell on what can't be changed, but to answer your question, I would have forbidden Auren from trying anything on her own. I knew she understood the dangers, as much as someone who is inexperienced can understand, so I didn't count on her trying anything on her own. I guess you can say we both learned some pretty important lessons on that trip.

Kathryn: Okay, so while we're on the subject. Auren what did you learn?

Auren: I learned that just because something seems simple it doesn't mean it is. I thought just calling the veil was harmless. I had no idea that without the proper control I would essentially just be pulled right into the shadow world. I also learned the importance of following orders, although I'll admit I'm still not very good at it.

Kado snorts.

Kathryn: What about you Kado?

Kado: I learned how trying teenagers can truly be.

Auren sticks her tongue out at Kado.

Kado: On a serious note, though, I learned that even experienced shadow stalkers can make the mistake of acting on assumptions leading to disastrous results. As the future Foramar, I will have to be sure to never assume anything. I've also learned how important it is to be clear with instructions. It goes back to making assumptions in that, you can't expect people to know the right and wrong thing to do when they have limited knowledge and information.

Kathryn: Well it does sound like you've both learned a lot together on this venture. Despite the tragic events, at least you've come away with that. Thank you for joining us today here and I think it's safe to say that we all wish you luck in all your future adventures.

Kado: Thank you for having us.

Auren: Yeah, thanks. It was a lot of fun. I hope everyone enjoys reading about our trip to Luten Isle in Demon Hunt.



Synopsis



One morning, Auren decides to take her training into her own hands. She only means to practice seeing the veil to the shadow world, the world of the shadow people and the source of their power. Instead, she opens the veil releasing a demon, a guardian of the shadow world, into the physical world.

With the deadly beast loose, she and Kado don't have long to hunt it down and return it to where it belongs, or many innocent people could die.


Now Available in: Paperback & Kindle

Also Available @ Smashwords.com




About Renee Scattergood



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift Certificates

Gift Certificates
Whether its a gift for a friend or for yourself these certificates are perfect to get your service on the go!
Select your Gift Certificate